I didn’t realise blondies were actually a thing until I tried the best ones from Konditor and Cook. I’m now pretty much ruined for life as I have never found bakes as good as theirs. When I got the urge to get baking again, I decided to give my own batch a go but give the recipe a twist. These ones are chock-a-block full of walnuts and milk chocolate and judging from how quickly they’ve disappeared, were a success!
You will need:
120g melted butter
225g brown sugar
120g plain flour
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Optional Add-ins: I chucked in 80g of chocolate and 80g of chopped walnuts. As you can see I went for damn big chunks but you can chop them up finer if you’d like. You can add almost anything to this mixture to be honest – all kinds of nuts, dried fruits, berries, chocolate, fudge pieces. I think the next time I make them, it’ll be a combination of white chocolate and raspberries. Although I can’t give you exact measurements of these other ingredients, I’d say aim to have a total of 150-175g of extras (as in 80g of two different ingredients or 160g of just one)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees (fan) or 180 degrees for other types of ovens.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until smoothy-smooth then add the egg and vanilla.
3. Add the salt, baking powder and flour and mix, mix, mix. Then sprinkle in your add-ins and fold them into the mixture.
4. Pour into a lined, 8 x 8 (or similar sized) dish, pop into the oven and enjoy all the wonderful smells wafting through your house.
5. Wait for about 20-25 minutes, check to see if they’re done – I usually poke a knife into the middle and see if it comes out clean. Take them out, let the cool down and THEN give them a try. Don’t want you to burn your mouth!
Don’t they look lush? Hopefully yours come out crispy on the top and gooey in the middle like mine did!
What would you put inside blondies? Got any other good recipes to share with me?
Until next time my baking buddies xx